The story of the best mom in the world


It's been a bit quiet here. All the schedhuled blog posts ended some time ago. My priorities have been elsewhere.

Last weeks have been the most difficult that I have ever faced. On February 19th I lost my mom. Last weekend we had her funeral.



She was was way too young, 52 years old. She was full of life.  For the last 4 days of her life, I sat by her side almost around the clock. Just holding her hand so she wouldn't be alone.

Gosh, I hate cancer.

All the positive attitude that I have is inherited from her. She was a maker: making things happen no matter what.  She was passionate, successful and loving. I can't even describe what she meant to me. I'm out of words.



She and I both loved music. I want to quote a beautiful song by Krista Siegfrids. These lyrics really spoke to me (you can listen the song from this link).

"I wonder where you are
hope its not too far
when will we meet?
The smile on your face
just like the old days
your beautiful heart beat

you gave me a good start
you gave me your heart
I'll never lose that part
I think you hear me
I think you're right here
that's why I have no fear"


For me, she is the best mom in the world. Always.



Materials: Paper Camellia March main kit and embellishment add-on

11 comments

  1. sending thoughts to you. I lost my mum too and just lost my sister. My thoughts go out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry for your loss. I hope you can be comforted by wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss.
    You created such a wonderful memory layout and the picture of your mom is so beautiful.
    Send you some hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only just found your lovely blog and was saddened by your very personal loss. I lost my Mom several years ago, but just lost my sweet sister on January 31st of this year. I keep happy memories and pictures around me; My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Veera I am so very sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. I also lost my mom to cancer. First I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer, we only had four months before he was gone. Two months after he passed my mother was diagnosed with cancer. I was fortunate in that I had three years with her. We developed a relationship that I never had as a child with her. I left my home and stayed with her by her side at home and in the hospital for three years. It was brutal to watch her go thru all those horrible changes. In the end I remember laying down on her bed with her telling her I would hold onto her until my dad came for her from the other side. Twenty minutes later she smiled raised her hand as if reaching for someone and took her last breath. I thought I was ready I had years to prepare. But I wasn't. I got lost for quite awhile. Like your mom she was vibrant and full of life. I know your heart is hurting. I just wanted to share my belief with you that she has moved on to a better place. I believe my mom was smiling at my dad. That he did come for her. One day we will both get to see our moms again. It will be their hands reaching out for us when our time comes. Please accept my deepest condolences for you and your family. Should you ever need to talk I am a good listener! My blog is on the SATW blog. God bless and may the healing begin. Big Hugs Pam Ellis P.S. you layout is a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ihana sivu, ihana laulu, ihana äiti, ihana kuva!
    paljon halauksia Veera ikävän keskelle ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Veera I am so sorry. It is not easy to lose you mom so young. Mine was 47 when she passes away and I was 25 I still miss her every single day and back then I had no idea of just how sick she was... we were living in different countries. There are a million things I wish I had done different but I can't change anything. I am so glad that you were able to be with her so she was not alone. She looks so pretty in the photo you used and the layout is soft and delicate and seems perfect for her. A wonderful tribute for the best mom. Just remember to take it one day at a time. My love and thoughts are with you at this time and nothing can make it better. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!