Making some thai food

Minulle tuli tässä vähän aikaa sitten olo, että skräppisivuni toistavat jotenkin samaa. Niinpä tähän CSI:n ja Scrap365-lehden yhteishaasteeseen tein sivun, jossa halusin muuttaa tehdä jotain erilaista, mutta silti tyylilleni uskollista. Näköjään paperin vinoon laittaminen tekee ihmeitä! :)

Some time ago I had a feeling that all my layouts keep repeating the same pattern. For this CSI and Scrap365 collaboration challenge I wanted to do something different that still stays true to my style. Apperently placing a paper on an angle makes a huge difference!


Tällä kertaa tuo raidallinen taustapaperi myös kannusti tähän "erikoisempaan" sivun asetteluun. Mielestäni tuo tausta sopi väriltään ja tyyliltään täydellisesti tähän haasteeseen ja halusin ehdottomasti käyttää sitä. Ongelmaksi muodostui se, että olin jo käyttänyt palan tuota paperia, aikalailla juuri tuon valkoisen kartongin kokoisen palan. Lopputulos kuitenkin onnistui! Toinen uusi asia mitä halusin kokeilla, oli tuo otsikko. Tuollaiset itse maalatut/tekstatut otsikot on nyt kovin muotia. En uskaltanut tehdä tekstausta suoraan taustaan, joten tein sen valkoiselle kartongille ja leikkasin sitten irti.

To be honest, that paper with yellow stripes also helped me to make this "radical" design change. I just felt that paper is perfect for the colors of this challenge and I wanted to use that. The problem was that there was a piece missing as I've used that paper before. So I just covered the missing part with white cardstock and there was my design idea! Other new thing I wanted to try was the title. These painted scripts are so popular right now so I wanted to try to make my own. I wouldn't dare to paint directly on a layout so I just painted it to separate cardstock and cut it. 


Sivun aihe onkin varmaan aika selvä. Olen täysin hurahtanut thai-ruokaan sitten viime keväisen Bangkokin reissumme. Sitä tuleekin tehtyä kotona nykyisin viikoittain. Yhtenä vaihtoehtona tuolla "testimony"-listassa oli luetella 3 asiaa sivun aiheesta. Minä listasin kolme ainesosaa: chilin, inkiväärin ja korianterin. Vielä muutama vuosi sitten nämä ei kuulunut mitenkään perusruokatarvikkeisiimme, mutta niin näköjään maku muuttuu!

The topic of this layout is quite obvious. I have just loved thai food after our trip to Bangkok last spring. Nowadays we make thai food at home almost every week. From the testimony list I chose to list 3 things about my topic. I listed three ingridients: chili, ginger and cilantro. Few years ago these weren't even close to being a part of our daily food supplies, but apparently the taste and preferences change!



Evidence: stripes, flowers, string, tie something
Testimony: Write 3 fun things about your topic



3 comments

  1. Love this layout Veera I think you have upped the ante again... that title is awesome - I want to try that. Love the effect. Fab layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... prodotti alimentari online

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!